Our Guiding Principles
These principles form the foundation of our organization. They represent the best of what we aspire to in leadership, service delivery, policy, procedures, planning, work, and life.
Newly added 6/2020
- We believe in the value of all people — all races, religions, abilities, and identities — within our staff, board, partners, and among those we serve and support.
- We create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture in our organization through listening, relationships, training, policies, procedures, and practices.
- We commit to being an organization that actively works to examine ourselves to recognize and remove any systemic racism or other forms of discrimination, as well as confront racist, unjust, or other discriminatory policies, practices, and behaviors in the communities and institutions with which we work.
- We believe that all people should have the opportunity to lead full, successful, and complete lives.
- Those who are engaged with our organization – the people we serve, partners, employees, volunteers, and referral sources – will have an experience that is full, complete, and enriching.
- We commit to provide services and supports that are comprehensive, full, complete, evidence based, best practice, innovative, and successful in achieving our mission.
- We believe that our success is based on the quality of our relationships.
- All interactions with individuals we serve, partners, referral sources, and each other are based on collaboration, mutual respect, and effective communications.
- We commit to build stable, positive, productive, mutually respectful, sustainable relationships.
- We believe that individual and family needs, choice, and preferences are at the heart of our organization.
- This belief is the driving force of all programmatic and administrative decisions.
- We commit to assist the people who are engaged with our organization to achieve ever increasing levels of independence, self-sufficiency, and empowerment.
- We believe in and take seriously the vital nature of our work in changing lives.
- We make the best use of our resources, measure results, focus on outcomes, and advocate for positive change.
- We commit to ensure the long-term success of our mission.
- We believe that our challenges, concerns, and achievements are shared and that each of us is responsible for the success of the organization.
- We enthusiastically share in any task, assist with any project, go above and beyond, and strive to do what is necessary to help the organization achieve its mission and goals.
- We commit to actively take ownership of our quest for success.